Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hallelujah!

Hallelujah! Well, it finally happened. In 2002 I was lying in bed wondering what I could do in my paralyzed condition to be a more effective husband, father, and grandfather. Suddenly a powerful impression came to me that because of my computer and wonderful voice recognition software could write to my children and grandchildren share with them my perspective feelings about life. I started writing that day and over the years have written approximately 200 observations about life. My children and grandchildren have always been my target audience but over the years many others have also begun to receive these observations over the Internet by e-mail.

In January Cedar Fort/Bonneville Books, having read some of my observations, asks if I would work with them to produce a book. I did and the book was published today. The book is titled "It's Good to Be Alive!" It is comprised of a selection of what the publisher and my wife, Jo Anne and I feel are the best of the observations written over the years. There is a lot of humor in it as well as pictures and those things that have helped me to deal with 21 years of paralysis and living on life support. I think you will enjoy it.

I got word today that it will be available at Barnes & Noble, Borders, Amazon.com, Deseret Book, and Seagull. You can get an overview of the book by going to my website: www.jackrushton.com

Excuse me for being so excited but for an old paralyzed guy on life support this is a great day.

1 comment:

Dolly said...

Congratulations!!! You're an author now:) I'll be looking for your book...